Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yoo Hoo Civil Buffs !!!

A week of blogging, at and by cIVIL bUFFS !!! Now that’s news…

A week of new experiences!

A week of unprecedented rain and power cuts!

A week of thunderbolts, thunderclaps, thunderstorms and a thunderstruck group of 57 civilbuffs giving away thunderous applause!

A week of every worthwhile thing…in fact!


I remember, just the last Tuesday. It must have been a day like no other. What else could explain the sudden spurt in activity on my part and start what nobody at least in my world of friends and acquaintances had never done! Neither did I know the ABCs of blogging nor did I know what the blog would be about!


But there was one small thing that I felt for sure, that feeling of something great about to happen, the intuitive heady feeling of otherworldliness. If such thoughts and ideas crop up in the mind then why wait?


Start, I was for sure. But who would care to take time out and immerse himself in what I think, in what I feel, in what I say, yes who would! The immediate people that I am close to, with whom I am spending a very important part of time in a very crucial junction of my life came to my mind. Who else than the batch of 57 5sBTs of Civil Engineering, NITK! Voila! The Eureka moment in my life had arrived. Why not hook these otherwise busybodies in my venture. Sure. I decided to make them my co-bloggers, I will make them my partners, giving them a share of the pie and surely that’s what I did.


The blogging juggernaut will roll on, the theme of the blog would be what unites us in the class, yes Civil Engineering. The contribution would be by any number of my branchmates. The life that they live, the classes that they attend, the opinions that make them what they are, the brassed off talks of their gurus…surely these would be the hot topics. With all these ideas cropping up in my mind, my brain was surely working faster than Chacha Chaudhary, the affable old man from the world of Pran’s comics in the 90’s, whose brain sometimes worked faster than a computer. Not to forget the era that we are talking about, when the world was ruled by Celeron computer processors. Anyways with our generation awaiting the QuadCore processor anytime soon, and my mind working at the proverbial faster than the computer speed, I must have been a crazy sight to watch.


With my first nightout of the semester, I bore the fruits of my labour, finally, my first post being “i LivE CiviL”. The world had not yet felt the effect, but once it did it was earth-shattering, or simply wowed. Now before the junta felt restless I had invited almost all my branchmates, to co-author the blog, to be a cIVIL bUFF. And they responded, in a manner like never before. If I say I was moved to tears, I wouldn’t be saying something far from the truth. Actually I was laughing out my lungs, my heart beating at the fastest rate of my life, and my brain working faster than a computer!


The start was never a single handed effort, the prelude to, the inspiration for it was the infectious enthusiasm shown by Abhisek, Nahata, Omkar, Pavan and Rakesh. With the blog running at a healthy rate, members joining in and churning out brilliant, witty and erudite posts I couldn’t ask for more. What I keep hoping though is for more and even more, a desire that I’m able to fulfill by throwing the Stop Spectating-Start Posting stares on my fellow civil buffs!!!!!


At the moment cIVIL bUFFS has been critically acclaimed by friends and acquaintances. When asked to read, they simply can’t stop gushing out their niceties and wows. Even more is to follow, even more acclaim, even more recognition and even more standing ovations.



---Civil Buff

1 comment:

Fayez Mustafa said...

:'-(... that's one senti post brother... you've moved me to tears...